Saturday, November 15, 2008

Well since Tina and I are going to be staying in Nebraska for a little bit, we decided it was time to settle down. This last Monday we made an offer on a house (and 80 acres), and late Tuesday the offer was accepted. Soo, we are going to become Nebraska Farmers. YEEHAW. The farm is only four miles from the town that I teach in, so my commute will be cut tremendously. Not to mention the 80 acres, we are so excited. Since Ag loans are different than traditional mortages (no preapproval) we now have to begin the loan process. We are told that it could take up to 8 weeks to close, so with that and the work we want to do in the home, hopefully we will be in before Trenton's first birthday.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations!! It looks lovely!! How exciting to have some space--I bet Trenton will love it!

Jeff and Andrea Neitzel said...

Holy cow! That is so cool! Congratulations! I hope things go well. It would be so nice to be in the house by Trenton's birthday. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for you guys. Sure wish Jared could make it with Tina and Trenton this weekend. We're so excited to see you!

Karena said...

That is so exciting!
I remember what it felt like when we bought our house 4 1/2 years ago.
I am sure you will enjoy!!

Jackie B. said...

awesome! That's so cool! I was hoping you'd come back this way to "settle" maybe one of these days! I'm so excited for you guys!

Tarver Family said...

Congrats!!! Once you get all moved in.. or for that matter need any help, let us know. Looks so fun, and it will be nice to have all that space :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations! The commute will be much nicer.