We wanted to update everyone on the court happenings of the adoption.
In March the court rule that the birth father had not done everything, according to Utah law for putative fathers, to contest the adoption. After this ruling he and his Lawyers had 30 days to appeal the courts decision. They did not file an appeal during that time. So from what we understand, there is nothing more they can do (legally) to contest the adoption proceedings.
YEEEEEHAW!!!!!!!
So now we are waiting to complete the 6 month wait before we can finalize and go to the Temple to be Sealed as a family. :-) :-) :-)
The finalization and sealing are tentatively planned for the week of August 18-23, in Salt Lake City.
6 comments:
Hooray for the Troumbley Bunch. I am so excited for you. He is so cute and I can see how much you love him.
YEA!!!! Im so glad everything went through! You guys completely deserve to have him and will be (and are) wonderful parents!!!
YEAH!!! That is GREAT news!!
I am so excited for you both! You will have to let me know when you do everything so I can come see you! :)
Congrats again! Such exciting news. We're so excited to come for the sealing.
Congratulations! We are so excited to see you! Let us know how things go! Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment