Monday, May 4, 2009

He said it!!

So up until last night the only recognizable 'words' that came out of Trenton was "nummy nummy." He also will moo back as us and babble like he's having a full conversation with somebody. But no real words as of yet.

Well, we had lots of friends over for dinner last night. Trenton loved all the extra attention from the adults and all the fun with the other kids. When everyone all left, the three of us crashed on the couch to wind down. Trenton looked out the window and started waving and made sounds just like "bye bye." We looked at each other and started encouraging him to keep saying it. Pretty soon it was an obvious Bye Bye. Woo-Hoo!

But then it gets better... We take him upstairs to take a quick bath, and we play and talk and practice ByeBye and all that. Then Jared says "Trenton, can you say Mama?" He totally looked up at me and said "Mama." Ahhhhhhh! I just melted to the floor! He said mama! I think I'm in love. :-) What an amazing little guy we got! He so wonderful! Just had to share.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww.....that is SO sweet. I love those first words. It will never get old.

Nicole said...

Isn't this the best time ever? I love when they develop new words. Elijah just started kissing - something to look forward to.

Karena said...

The first words are the best!
Won't be long and he won't stop talking:-)

Jenn said...

What a good feeling! congrats! and what a great mother's day gift too!

Kristan Matthews said...

Tina, It sounds like things are going well for you guys. I love all the pictures. Please keep in touch.

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

That is so cute - he is a little genius!! Glad to hear how good things are going!!